Thursday 19 July 2012

ST IVES DAILY MICRODERMABRASION



As I ran through Asda the other day I spotted this bottle of St Ives Daily Microdermabrasion in the skincare isle for what I would call a 'bargain price' of £3. It didn't state the previous price on the tag (naughty asda) but I would guess it retails for maybe £5/6.

I've always been a fan of the Invigorating Apricot Scrub which is a staple item in my bathroom cupboard, but  I had never come across the daily microdermabrasion scrub so I was intrigued and it fell into my basket.

The particles in this scrub are much finer that the Apricot Scrub making it a very gentle exfoliator. It looks pretty clear on first inspection but you can feel the particles once you start working this into your skin. I used this last night and this morning and both times it has left me with a fair bit of redness that I don't get with the Apricot Scrub. But it definitely leaves you with that ultra clean skin feeling, so maybe I will just use this on the night rather than in the morning. However I am very prone to redness so I guess time will tell with this product.

The scrub itself is what my mum would say is a 'healthy' product. 100% natural, paraben free and no animal related ingredients. Their recent re-branding has left the packaging a lot more 'youthful' - I always associated St Ives with products that my Nan used to use(!) I'm definitely interested to try out some of their other products from the Timeless Skin range, if you have any suggestions please feel free to leave me a comment below!

PS: A little heads up - the Apricot Scrub is also on offer at Asda for £2!


Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment